Sunday, January 20, 2008

Back and Black

Fo shnizzle dizzle. In between work, the holidays, school, preparing for Art Center, and personal laziness, I got into a bit of a rut. So, trying to recover from a bumpy start, I'm going to make this blog a regular thing. Without further ado:

My Projects

Pandora
Since like last year I've been working on this painting. It's supposed to be a painting of the myth/legend of Pandora. Why no box? Maybe you should read the original text - Hesiod's Theogony and Works and Days. No box, just a big jar called a pithos. Anyway, this is far from finished, the face looks a little pasty but I have to do someglazes and fix the lips and whatnot. I was hoping to get it done before the 25th so that I could enter into the Spectrum annual contest. But it ain't gonna happen and I don't think its good enough anyway. Oh well. Here's some progress pics...







cant put any more pictures on here so i'll make a new post to continue...

No comments: