Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ay Mios Dio!

So, I've been busy and lazy. Its a week before my next term starts and I haven't got around to photographing all my work from the past term. I'm kind of disappointed with what I've done. I didn't feel there was much time to finish projects how I'd like them. I feel there were only a handful of opportunities to actually work on something I felt motivated about. But anyhoo, I'll try to post what I did with the time alotted and assignments given...

Composition and Painting!


Rembrandt mastercopy! Yeah, we later colored on top of this monochromatic study





I was actually stoked about doing mastercopies of some of my favorite artists: Wyeth, Rockwell, Goya, and Bouguereau.



Life study of someone else doing homework at Art Center. Go Brianna!


A still life we had to set up ourselves. I think I spent around 10-12 hours on this and was probably the most successful painting I did during the term.

OOOOO, one of the few models we had to paint from during an entire class period.

And thats all I've photographed from the class. I could put up my color chart or my paintings of color blocks, but I don't think anyone wants to see that crap. I wish I scanned one my final paintings in the class: It was a Klimt emulation integrating a clown we had painted in-class. Weirdest request ever, but it came out decent methinks. If anyone REALLY wants to take a look at it, it made its way into the case by room 108. Otherwise, bleh.

3 comments:

Mauricio Abril said...

Hey, Mike. Nice paintings!

Unknown said...

uuppdddaaaaattteeeee.......

Unknown said...

how long did it take you to do that last figure painting ..with the green background